Tuesday 16 June 2009

My day

  • Awoke at 7.10, horrific. I've never been a late sleeper, but on my day off that really takes the piss. Spent the morning eating Toblerone and reading 'Money', nearly finished now, it's a brilliant book.
  • Had a very decadent lunch (parma ham and mozzarella in ciabatta, apple, magnum), then set about putting up my tent. You know, as practice. I tried it on sunday and it had just ended in me fighting an hour-long losing battle with nylon in the dying light and then breaking the bag trying to get all the stuff back in. This time it wasn't so bad, with the help of my little brother it was up in about 90 minutes (haha NO). It did demonstrate how "uterly wet and weedy" (much props for whoever gets that reference) I was as my 11-year-old sibling was marginally stronger than me.
  • Went to the Co-Op to buy groceries, must have been a sight. They didn't have soap - soap! A staple of the family home ever since people learned that water was actually good for you, and not even your most bog standard (pun-ish) Imperial Leather bar to be found. Country in crisis.
Right now I'm plotting my evening and trying to avoid the quite frankly horrific smells emanating from my socks. I have to go out again (to buy soap...), so I'll go for a walk. Then watch Flight of the Conchords.
The fun never ends.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment